I will not value what is valueless

I will not value what is valueless - ACIM

What do you value more than anything?
Can you measure it, count it, take it with you?
Is it tangible?

What brings you joy?
Is it something that you can touch, feel, smell, taste, hold, move take?

Do you even know what you value, what brings you joy?

After much thought and lessons, these are my top 6 things that I value - for now- because it changes:

1. Seeing the sun rise over the ocean - anywhere in the world

2. Seeing the sun rise on Mucurapo road on a Jouvert morning

3. Seeing the sun set on the African continent

4. Chatting with my grandma in her kitchen as she cooks me my favourite dish of bake and pumpkin

5. Being out in nature, hearing the birds and other sounds of nature

6. Watching Arsenal Football Club play football and winning in my favourite chair.

As I reflect on all of this I have come to realise that these things have absolutely nothing to do with anyone giving me permission to do, having loads of cash in my pocket, and all the other trappings that I put in my mind to say I need to live well. It's funny when I break it down like this I feel so much better than comparing it to what someone else says that I need to live full life
Choose what brings you joy, choose what you value and know that it is within you to access it and live it!

Peace

 Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism