Instant Gratification Is Unsustainable

I find one major block to creating lasting change is that many want instant gratification or a quick fix, even when it comes to healing. When I talk about the inner work and explain that results are all about small consistent steps, that doesn’t seem as appealing. But it works. When people ask ok but how do you do it, I say over and over again ‘repetition’ and daily practice. It’s not about learning more theory, adding in more steps or knowing more healing modalities. Just pick one reprogramming process and stick to it for 30 days. You will see results Maryham Hassna

This week I have been frustrated. I get frustrated when I feel that my process for attaining a goal is going too slow, I get frustrated when I cannot have things exactly my way.
I have been training with some runners since February. I have been waking up early at 4.15am to get to the place on time, breaking up my days to get to the training on the evening. Yet I have seen zero results, not on my body and not on my running and certainly not in the waistline!
I woke up this morning and refused to go, what's the point? I was basically so frustrated and slipped into the child like behaviour!
And right on time, the Universe responded, I read the passage quoted above by the brilliant Maryham Hasnaa and it dawned on me, consistency and discipline is always the formula, there really is no sustainable lasting quick fix. The other thing that dawned upon me is the part perception plays in forming my opinion. I have been comparing myself to the other seasoned running and to others. Comparison is a form of self sabotage. So, guess what? I'm done with that!
My perception - well taking the time to learn the lessons where this one is concerned, it is taking a bit longer to master this lesson.
The Lessons :

1. Be Patient - it takes time to build anything
2. Be Willing to see the situation differently
3. Keep reminding yourself of your intention - the why!
4. Feel the Feelings

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism