Readiness Starts With A Choice


Readiness is only the prerequisite for accomplishment. ACIM


"When I am ready I will do it" - How many times have I said that in a most genuine way?
"It will happen when its good and ready" - what about that one, have you heard or said that?
Readiness is a decision, it takes action and a will.
Readiness is not a state of just waiting for the best and right moment to move or to take action.
Readiness starts with a choice.

How do you know if you are ready? You decide.- it's that simple!

When you find resistance strong and dedication weak, you are not ready, do not fight yourself.

Readiness requires discipline. The ability to discipline yourself to do what is required.

I have now decided that I am ready to face the state of finances. I have decided that it is time to be disciplined, to take action and have the will to start budgeting, to start saving, to pay off my debts, to catch up on my taxes and tie up all the loose ends left hanging after getting divorced and moving around the world.

After following all the rules that I was taught that made for a secure financial future. This included saving 10% of my income, investing a portion, paying all the taxes , having a pension plan and whatever I was taught in business school. Life happened, I went through a divorce which left me reeling and seething. I moved to 2 different countries, one in which I literally volunteered instead of having a "proper job"and I was done! I did not  care anymore what happened. 
After following all that advice and instructions, I was angry and disappointed that I was left with "nothing" to show for it, all the accumulated things were gone. I lived with this anger and disappointment, I have been living with it, not knowing that I have turned my own self into a victim.
I was blaming others for the spot that I found myself in. Blaming is, for me, not taking responsibility for my own actions. I wanted someone to say to me "sorry" - but newsflash, that was not coming!
I wanted to just go back to where I was before - second newsflash - that was not coming either.
I wanted to take out my anger on something- I took it out on myself. This resulted in under valuing my own worth, making poor decisions or no decisions at all and making random and frankly poor decisions which manifested itself in more and more debt and living hand to mouth.
Now, I am ready. My life is my responsibility.
My mindset is my responsibility
No amount of rationale, justifications, reasons, and blaming will bring back the past or change my now
It must come from a place of readiness.
And I am ready
Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism