We Develop in Different Ways & Times

Our culture's obsession with early achievement has become detrimental to the majority of the population- to the multitudes of us who develop in different ways at different places. It pushes the message that you haven't become famous, reinvented an industry or banked seven figures while you're still young enough to get carded, you've somehow made a wrong turn in life. Rich Karlglaad

Okay, so confessions on the journey, I am terrified of "getting old" of "dying old"
I just had a birthday - these milestones have a tendency of sending me into a spiral of  overthinking. 
The overthinking leads to thoughts like : there is so much I haven't done yet and time is running out.
There is so much I must do and time is running out.
Am I too old for this shit?
Am I wasting my time waiting?
Am I not using time wisely?
Am I going to die old and alone?
(I told you it was a spiral)

I work myself up to a frenzy and it then becomes a whole drama going on in my mind about what to do, what not to do, and when to do it!
After calming down, I get to a point of acceptance where I say "self, it is what it is, until it is not, so what now?" 
The pressure I put myself under about where I am at the present moment is a combination of fear and uncertainty.

We move when we are ready
We shift when we are ready
We grow when we are ready
Ready is a decision, ready is a state of willingness, ready is a mindset of faith and courage.
Sometimes to get ready we have to go through many different journeys. Journeys take time.
So, here I am, after all of the stressing, recognising that all of the Journeys that I have been on has lead me to this here place, safe in the knowledge that the journeys will continue to lead me to exactly where I am supposed to be in the right time. If I am not ready, then I cannot move.
Get Ready!
Get Willing!
And in the meantime, enjoy the Journey
Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism