Making Up Stories

It is our "job" to continue imagining higher states of being - higher thoughts, word and deeds, so we continue creating ourselves anew. Neal Donald Walsh

I wanted to know what was going on but so afraid to ask. I wanted to get the full story but really didn't want to be disappointed. So what did I do? I made up a story about it.
An elaborate one as well- mostly negative and drama filled.
What I have learnt is that making up stories is an easy way out until it starts affecting your real life and your real decisions.
Making up stories is exactly what it is- making up something that may not ever exist.
It is in no way easier than facing the truth, accepting the reality and feeling the feelings associated with it
It may be challenging for a little while, long term though making up stories keeps us in denial, unhealed and sometimes in the dark!
When you find yourself making up a story, especially a drama filled negative one, stop yourself, say "I am making up a story", chuckle to yourself. If you still feel the need to make up one, make it a positive, fun filled one.
Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism