Speak of the Possibilities

Gratitude is the Cure - Gary Vaynerchuk

Confessions on the Journey!
I really really wanted to be selected for a particular book festival, and I have not been, was not the first choice. I was salty, downright salty and sad.
I felt rejected.
Then the penny dropped, the virtual AHA moment
This was a reflection. A mirror back to me of how I think about myself and my abilities, the truth can be a bitter pill to swallow

I never considered myself to be an author and a writer, I just happened to write a book.
So if I feel like that about myself, it will manifest itself outwardly.And there it was
I wanted to be a part of a book festival as an author and that did not happen. It is clear now why

Many times we harbour thoughts, feelings and doubt in our minds and they reflect back to us with what people do and say about us, we get pissed off because no one is supposed to know it, we get to see it in living colour what we had in our minds.
Imagine what can happen if we focus on the possibilities?
Where are the thoughts about the possibilities?
What about the self belief?
What I have learnt is we have to own our stuff, feel it and ask ourselves if we are making up a story about our limitations rather than being grateful for where we are on the Journey.
If we want to make up a story, why not make up one on possibilities?
Peace

 Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism