Day 2 - Lessons from St Lucia

I feel a major reset coming - Ebonee Davis



I drove from the airport to the resort with Ian, the taxi driver. He seemed pleasant from jump, he was so proud of his island and talked about it with that same love and pride that made me smile. What a wonderful way to show up at one's job!

The traffic surprised me, I asked him about it, even that he was positive about as he mentioned that growth caused it but its all good

Seeing the daily lives of the people on the road, the hustle, the children walking from school, the after work traffic, I didn't even feel rushed,their bustle felt relaxed.
We came off the main road and drove into the well manicured compound with large trees, cleaner sidewalks, newly paved roads, people in uniforms smiling and waving.

The compound is beautiful, an all inclusive resort is never one of my favourite places, it seems so sterile but that is my view, many people love the seclusion and ease of it all. So I am learning to be neutral about how I feel when I am in a situation that is not to my fancy.
Neutral meaning to accept that it is different to what I like, what I would choose yet find the joy and happiness in the moment, be grateful for the opportunity to see a different perspective.

I speak today at 3pm, looking forward to sharing the lessons to such a diverse audience
Give thanks
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism