On the Flip Side of a Long Flight

Life sends you good things whether you are grateful or not. But with gratitude, life sends them to you faster. That is because gratitude is a state of being. Neale Donald Walsh

I finally made it to Accra Ghana! After 2 days of travelling, here I am. The place is hot, the vibes are high, the people are friendly, the African dust roads remind me of a time that once passed, a happy time.
I must admit I was concerned about my cash flow. I stressed over it for a week or two. Can I really make this happen on the budget that I have? Am
And as a testament on how thoughts create things I arrived with a small amount of cash and my cards, nothing unusual for me on my travels. I sat down to at a restaurant to eat dinner, when the time came to pay none of the cards would work, I walked to the ATM nada still no cash!
I asked the hostess at the restaurant if they accept USD- they were not interested, no madam we don't.
It would seem that I was in a bit of a bind
I called the bank back at home - turns out the card was blocked and the other one can no longer disburse cash outside of Trinidad and Tobago.
Who Knew? Talk about not paying attention!
I negotiated the cost of what I wanted to do while here without getting a cost, I eventually accepted it because I thought that my choices, my consequences.
My number one lesson was don't stress, make a decision and if that turns out to be a poor one, make another choice until you get to peace
Day 2 in Accra has been an experience
I give thanks for it all
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism