Day 3 - Lessons from St Lucia

You must know who you are first though. Otherwise you will be told how to move, think, .... and you’ll perform solely for outside praise. Dr Crystal Jones

The Conference was filled with people in business attire, dark suits, pump heels, jackets and A Line skirts. I turn up in a bright purple and yellow suit, lots of colour. A new thing for me - Confessions on the Journey.
One lady said - you are- pause - colourful. I go into default feeling self conscious for about a minute, then I talked to myself about it
Self - how do you feel?
I love this outfit
I feel wonderful
Carry on smartly then.

I listen to the other presenters and place myself in the moment, to remember that everyone has a space at this event.

Just do you. Go there and be you, do the best in the moment and have fun.

The room was packed, the audience kept saying that they were looking forward to what I had to say, I felt the pressure of it all. I asked for this so that meant that I have all the tools required.
When we are given a dream ,a purpose, a gift, The Universe provides everything that we need to make it a reality, to use it, to share it.
This I have learnt.

Knowing who I am helps me navigate the nerves, it supports me in making the decisions that provide for the gifts
Knowing who I am grounds me.
I had fun sharing my story with the bunch of suits
At the end the applause was loud, the room felt warm - the fuzzy type of warm and I was reminded again to know who I was when sharing these lessons
Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism