Lessons from St Kitts and Nevis

If small things have the power to disturb you, then who you think you are is exactly that: small. That will be your unconscious belief. Echart Tolle

This week I am in St Kitts and Nevis, a very pretty and laid back island that captured my heart. the assignment is different to St Lucia. Facilitating a workshop for a rural organisation. I love the variety and meeting new people.

Today while minding my business walking to the supermarket, I stopped to ask questions. The guy gave me directions and asked if I was heading to the beach after. Not likely I said, out of his bag hopped 2 monkeys, yes monkeys- real ones. They jumped on me, I wanted to scream so loudly. Of course he saw my discomfort and asked me to relax, and spoke to the monkeys as well.
They wanted to kiss me, I was not having it!
They crawled over me, had their fun whether I was tense or not, but as soon as I relaxed, they also relaxed, they just sat on my shoulder as if they were not even there.
The power of relaxation is immense!
Relax and see what flows!
I will be here for the rest of the week, not asking for directions and staying away from the monkeys!
Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism