Spend more time learning who you are

My advice: Spend more time learning who you are and what you want out of your intimate partnerships before jumping in and out of unfulfilling predicaments where your actions can hurt more people than you ever intended. Embrace honesty and be outspoken about what you need and what you refuse to settle for. If a monogamous relationship is what you seek, someone out there is willing and able to give you the things you want. Be patient. Don’t settle. And be true to yourself and honest with others. Feminista Jones



Friday night girls party, a few drinks, some comfort food and lots of talks and laughs, always a fun time. Until it gets serious, with these particular women. The serious bit usually leans towards why am I still single after getting divorced over 5 years ago. I usually smile and say right now the situation I am in is working for me
And if I am truly honest I really believe that it does. Its even so much more comfortable to just remain where I am at the present moment - single.
There are times when doubt sets in - am I doing something wrong, am I shutting myself off, am I setting the bar too high. These feelings and questions last for a few hours maybe a day or two and then they go.
Having being socially conditioned to the notion that women are complete only when either there are children or a partner, it becomes quite a challenge for those women who fall in neither of those categories.
What about happiness?
What about contentment?
Can we feel those feelings without following the norms of society of children and a partner?
I do believe so, I believe that everything is not for everybody, some have other paths to follow
As to answer the question - I am willing to be open to changes and spending more time learning who I am.
Peace

Look out for me at the CRCA Conference in St Lucia

Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism