Journey to Letting Go

 When you get really obsessed with how “it’ll all turn out”, you’re robbing yourself of taking action...the very thing that builds your confidence. Maxi Mc Coy


It's August, the Journey this month focuses on letting go. Upon self reflection, I realized that holding on was solely about certainty and having a guarantee. But is it really a guarantee? Over the  past few months I have learnt that there are very little certainties and even less guarantees in life.
What are the things we hold on to because we believe that it is too late to make a change? it is too hard? it is too uncomfortable? it is too much hassle? What are you telling yourself that justifies and rationalizes you holding on?
Are we holding on to thoughts, beliefs, people, situations, events because of the time we invested in it, because it brings us joy? What is beneath the holding on to situations that dishonor us?
This month as I journey to letting go, I am paying attention to the thoughts that I hold on to that continue to haunt me. When someone pisses me off or have a different view to mine, what do I do? I automatically hold on to the thoughts and add to it by making up a story, days would pass and I would find myself telling the story to anyone who would be kind enough to listen, ensuring that I drag the thoughts along. This month, I want to tell the story from a place of what did I learn, what must I leave and how can I move from here in peace, feeling at peace
What do you want your Journey to Letting Go look like?
Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism