The medicine of gratitude

 The medicine of gratitude - Danielle La Porte

One of my favorite affirmations is "gratitude is the great multiplier" 

When I say it I envision everything around me multiplying, the blessings and the lessons. Either way I am covered, I receive a blessing or I learn  and grow from the lessons.

When I heard during a meditation - the medicine of gratitude this resonated so deeply to me. Gratitude heals. Gratitude soothes. Gratitude is a prayer.

The moment that I step out of complaining, moaning and upset and just say "thank you", thank you for the blessing or the lesson, my mindset shifts. I stop resisting and start surrendering.

The meditation of gratitude  came right on time for me, I started sinking into the hole of "when can we ever be "normal" again. That hole was dark and continued me down to meet other dark holes of feeling powerless and  disempowered. Focusing on gratitude I was now able to look where with different lenses with so much more patience.

I sat down and wrote out what I was grateful for in this time and why.

Even the small things seemed like big ones after doing this exercise.

I recognized that starting from a point of gratitude gave me a feeling of peace and abundance, rather than lack and impatience.

Powerful powerful medicine

What are you grateful for in these here times?

Peace







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism