Some Days Are Just Quiet

Somedays are like that when you are not sad but you are just quiet, when you are not angry or pissed but you just don't want to interact with anyone. You just want to sit quietly with nature and watch the sky or listen to flowing water. somedays you just want everything to slow down. Dead Poet

There are days where I honor the quiet in me. There is nothing "wrong" or "off" I just feel quiet, that is it. It is also worth mentioning that many people think that my natural personality is a "quiet one" so when I feel to be quiet it goes up to a whole other level!

What I have learnt is that there are some that are quite uncomfortable with this level of silence. For quite a while I felt a sense of responsibility to make others know that I was okay.

I felt a responsibility to let them know that there was nothing wrong, I was not upset, and if I am out that it was no indication that I was not having a good time. It sometimes became so tiring that I would exit my "quiet" state to appease the noise and ensure that those around me did not feel discomfort with my natural state.

Then I just stopped. I simply stopped. The pandemic also helped because the people who were around me knew me. There was less of the need to be out, to be in social settings and justify my quiet.

Yesterday, as the country continues its reopening, I was invited to a small dinner. I sat there observing, taking it all in and the questions came:

"are you okay?"

"Is everything alright?"

I was reminded to just say yes and keep it moving. There is no disrespect in being yourself - not to others and certainly not to self.

What a blessing to be able to sit comfortably in my skin as we reopen.

I am grateful for the lessons.

Peace




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism