Divine Guidance

 Anyone who has asked for divine guidance knows that it can be challenging to trust it when it comes. Daily OM



I was having a random conversation at the hair dressers last week - (gotta love conversations at the hair dressers!)the conversation made a turn towards receiving and following divine guidance. How does one know its divine?

I thought about it for a moment, what a brilliant question.

How do I know the difference between divine guidance and the ego's guidance?

The ego's domain is competition, projection and comparison. The ego focuses on how I can win, how I can look the least amount of stupid and how can I fix what is wrong by most time controlling the outcome.

Divine guidance comes in stillness, it usually makes little logical sense and my body responds to what is being downloaded. When there is something off, my body tells me through my stomach flipping, my bowels flipping or my scalp becoming dry! 

Divine guidance:

1.Comes in stillness - in nature- in prayer - in journaling - in listening to music - in the temple of the shower

2. after the initial upheaval, pain and doubt - divine guidance brings a peace that passes all understanding

3. Divine guidance will not push you, ask for your permission, or tell you what you want to hear.

4. Requires courage, patience, willingness and faith.

5. May not make sense to you. You simply have to trust it.


Peace

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism