In the meantime and between time

 

Be present for yourself. Show up for the questions. Reflect on them Dr Cory Yeager



Christmas has come and gone. I had the opportunity to spend a very peaceful few days in Castara Tobago. Confessions on the Journey - this has been the most peaceful few days I have spent in a very long time! I feel so grateful for this peace that passes all understanding.

I have been reflecting on what contributed to this feeling of peace.

Well....obviously apart from the surroundings which are extremely beautiful. Overlooking the ocean never gets old. I can look at the ocean even when doing mundane tasks such as washing the dishes. Castara is a quiet fishing village and over Christmas the shops, the restaurants were shut tight! Nothing much to do but enjoy the surroundings.

I chose to view the uncertainty in my life as a portal to something new, why not just get excited about what is to come even though I have no clue what it is, even though there is inevitably be massive changes that I am terrified of - a combination of not knowing and not wanting change?

Why not accept that all is well even though it scares me no end? This mindset took practice and  required me affirming that all is well every time the feeling of anxiety came up.

I  stopped judging myself for "waking up late" for all the "wrong" things I do. I just let myself be. I woke up one morning ad decided to walk to another Village. Rain was falling. I got up and walked- rain, cows and dogs in the road did not deter me (Always have been of cows and dogs) It was an absolutely beautiful morning walk.

I stopped torturing myself in my mind with What If's - dreaming up stories of what if - many of the stories being worst case scenarios. As soon as the stories start, I remind myself - get excited, things work out- surrender.

Practising the affirmations and speaking with loving kindness to Self  makes it easier, not easy!

Every day in every way, remind yourself that you are here but for a time, just like everything else. Nothing is permanent. What we do in the meantime is what counts.

Every day in every way remind yourself that wanting to control every outcome and having it your way leads to a level of anxiety and suffering that is simply not worth it. Work with what is, knowing that you can handle it, despite feeling sad, angry, disappointed, this too will pass when we remind ourselves that life is filled with many "in the meantime"

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism