Where are your actions leading to?

 Are the things you’re doing today getting you closer to where you want to be? Or are your actions keeping you at a standstill? Maxie McCoy



As the end of the year becomes closer and closer, I begin to reflect on how I showed up during the period. I reflect on what life is telling me thorough all its signs and clues. 

Confessions on the Journey:

1. Staying consistent particularly when it feels hard, or there are distractions is tough. It so easy to, for example, avoid hard conversations, turn off the alarm when it feels better to lie in rather than exercise, stay in familiar comfortable situations rather than dive into the uncertainty.

2. Choosing to let go of control and surrender it all has been a hell of a journey. Let me tell you, I want to KNOW, I want evidence, I want my way, I want to win. This has caused me some stress and suffering

As I reflect on this I have learnt that consistency is a practice, starting small and growing is what worked for me. A little bit, a little push, a little really does go a long way.

Surrendering and letting go is a choice. Constant self talk and affirmation has brought me back on track. Without ut, I go in hard with the aim of winning, getting my own way and being in "control" - trust me it does not always work.

I have committed to using the affirmations and kind and compassionate self talk to place me back into the moment. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and its during that time I have to remind myself that practice makes masters rather than berate myself for falling off the wagon. 

How do you affirm yourself?

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism