you must be good to yourself if you are ever going to be any good for others.

 you must be good to yourself if you are ever going to be any good for others. This means take a day off once in a while when it's not scheduled. Eat of piece of chocolate when it's not recommended. Take a nap when it's just not possible.

Get your face into a good book for an hour when you can't afford to. Soak in a tub when there's no time to. Stop everything when you're not supposed to. Do this now, right now, for goodness sake. Neale Donald Walsh


The most challenging lesson over the past few months has been accepting of what is.  

Accepting - acknowledging what is in front of me minus wanting to change it, fix it, control it, deny it.

As soon as a situation arises that is not what I want, not one that I can control, not one that I like, I start a process of fixing, changing, denying. All in vain too! It is so stressful, to say the least.

Accepting what is has been kicking my a$$! 

Why? ( here is the tricky part of the confession) -  I viewed accepting what is as a loss, as a failure.

This was the crux of the matter.

Until today

Although it has not ben easy, I am reframing how I look at acceptance of what is.

1. A gift from the Universe wrapped up in sandpaper

2. An opportunity to make another choice

3. A time to build courage, to grieve and any loss and to self reflect - cry, cuss, scream, stare at the ceiling- give yourself a time to do this. 

4. A lesson that the Most High wants me to learn.

5. Focus on affirming self talk rather than judgement and beating up of self.

6. A time to express gratitude no matter what.

Peace

Akosua


Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism