Forward Movements

 Every day, do one thing that moves you forward - Iyanla Vanzant 



When we are caught up in our daily lives , or when we are in survival mode, the last thing on our minds would be doing something that moves us forward, or is fun, or self honoring. We get so focused on getting by, getting ahead, keeping our heads above water, of making it that we neglect or forget that without us being healthy, focused and present all of that becomes harder.

At times, our default actions lead to unhealthy or disruptive actions for a temporary reprieve- smoking, drinking, shopping, eating, and so we go.

My temporary reprieve/ habit  used to be eating excessive amounts of chocolate and hiding myself away inside the house - I have gotten over the chocolate eating - give thanks. I still "hide away" myself at the house and come out only when necessary and needed - I am making a commitment to myself that moving forward starting March 2023, I will not hide inside of the house to avoid places, situations and people.

What are some of the small actions we can take to move us forward? - sometimes it is the little things

1. Drink water - simple, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate 

2. Laugh-  call a friend that will make you laugh, find something that will make you laugh - the deep belly, laugh until you cry type

3. Exercise, move your body - nuff said

4. Take a walk preferably somewhere with some trees

5.  Speak kindly to yourself.

Peace

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism