On the Flip Side of Surrender

Prove. Prove that I’m worthy. Prove they made the right choice. Prove I deserve to be there. Prove I haven’t lost my edge. Prove that I’m relevant. Prove, prove, prove and more proving.

it will just hit different when you put in that hard work from a place of worthiness, from a place of knowing your why, instead of feeling like you have everything to prove Maxie




February is coming to a close, and on the Journey to Surrender, I have learnt that, there is a certain level of faith and courage required to release, to give up the need to control, fix, change a situation that we want to be a particular way.

Releasing the need to be right, the need to have it our way says to the Universe "I trust you to take this from me, my human limitations, my egotistic desires to transform it into a blessing, a lesson, a portal.

Marianne Williamson said it in this way "place it on the altar to be altered" 

What are you holding on to?

What are you holding on to in fear?

Who are you pushing to change?

Who are you secretly hoping to see your way?

What are you justifying knowing its draining you, devaluing you?

Who are you wanting to like you and are performing for, rather than being yourself?

Surrender it all. Surrender it all

And see what happens on the flipside

Peace 

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism