Messages and Lessons come from Everywhere

 We all have a strong drive within us to speak our secrets. If we can’t tell our secret, we’re almost compulsively driven to act it out. Martha Beck




I have learnt that messages come to us when we need it and can come through and from anything and anyone. I believe that God is in  everything so with that, if God needs to send us a message it can come from anyone and anything. The choice is really up to us to 

Last month I was doing a dance class and the instructor said "do not add shame to your dancing, when you add shame to anything you will not learn or be comfortable learning" That statement remained with me all day. It resonated in a different type of way

How many times have I added shame to a process because I was afraid to fail, afraid to "look bad", afraid of what others would say. Knowing fully well that in doing something for the first time I will not get it perfectly right? Leave the shame out of executing something new, whatever it is, let yourself off the hook. Do what you do with intention, purpose and to the best of your ability. The intention will show up in the result.

I declare today that learning and unlearning from this day forward will be filled with intention, purpose, fun and doing my best - no more shame.

Peace and Blessings


Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism