We have the power

 When we understand that we are God' eyes, ears, hands and feet we can have a little more confidence in ourselves. From on high, God is depending on us to demonstrate his/her power, utilize compassion, be forgiving , show mercy and live in grace. Iyanla Vanzant




Imagine, we are God's eyes, ears, hands and feet. This is how magnificent we are.

Confessions on the Journey - the statement sat with me all day. It resonated on a level that blew my mind. How powerful to know that we have all this power and responsibility? It reminded me that we have a role to play not just in our lives but in the world; that we have what it takes to carry out the role bestowed upon us by the Most High. Imagine if we showed up daily with the intent, the memory, the comfort that we have been given this important task?

Knowing  now that I have the responsibility to shift my own life and the lives of others - if only by demonstration, I am asking myself, how am I carrying out these responsibilities? How am I being, on a consistent basis? Am I forgiving, am I living in grace, am I showing mercy, am I being my best self? Its starts with me.

I am also comforted by the fact that there is an innate power and connection within me that I can tap into when I encounter challenges. There is a code of conduct which guides my steps. On this journey, there will be times when I doubted myself, when I have made choices forgetting this innate power that I have been gracefully given, when I want things my own way, rather than trust in God's timing and will.  Today I am reminded that my steps are ordered by the power within me.

I continue to be in awe of how much our own choices and thinking play a part in our response to the events that happen in our lives. 

With this reminder, I can now regroup, resent and rethink how I make any steps forward.

Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism