Words have the power to create

Words incant, invoke, destroy, and create. When we speak with high intention, we live in Higher Love. Danielle La Porte




What are you telling yourself?

What are you telling yourself consistently?

What are you telling yourself that is kind?

What are you telling yourself that is unkind?

What are you telling yourself that is loving?

What are you telling yourself that is unloving?

What are you telling yourself that is habitual - mindless- without thought?


The words you speak have power. I did a very simple experiment while running. I took a run for a longer distance than I would usually run for. The first time I did the distance I decided to urge myself on with kindness, enthusiasm, passion and positivity. I made it, it was tough however, every time I pumped up myself with those words I felt a sense of comradery, energy and wanted to show myself that I appreciated the way the cheering on happened.

The next time I ran, I berated myself, I shouted, I scolded. I kid you not, I stopped running. I was not in any way motivated to continue running.

How we speak to ourselves matter, it shows up in how we show up, in how we communicate with others, in how we live.

Take the time to pay attention to how you speak to yourself, about yourself -internally and externally.

Give yourself a task - do a tiny experiment on self talk, see what comes up!

Peace 

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism