What Runs Through Your Mind on Automatic Loop?

 Your best measurement of your relationship with yourself is what runs through your mind on an automatic loop. Are you nice to yourself? Do you say kind things or does your inner critic take up the most room in your head? If it does, it’s not paying rent and it needs to go because it’s messing up the place and reducing your self-worth. You need to grow your relationship with your Self with a capital S. You higher self. Your know-better self. Your Self that loves you with no conditions, traps or pre-requisites. Change that voice. THAT is THE WORK. Laura Bergman Fortgang

This is what I have learned. Thoughts play an important part in our lives, it all starts with a thought. And by this I mean the ones that we hold on to and "mind" in our mind.

The ones we replay, we take in as gospel and defend.

When we "mind" the thoughts, what is going to happen is something around those thoughts will come manifesting into our reality or we have fights with ourselves in our heads.  

Life has a way of reflecting back to us when we need to grow, evolve, shift and move. I for one, find change and discomfort challenging so there are times I will resist. I will fight to stay in a familiar place, doing  a familiar thing. Life is so loving, it will continue to mirror back to me through situations and people, what is on loop in my head. Trust me, life does not want you to take this personal.

What do I do to pay attention to my thoughts?

1. I ask myself- what are you thinking? and get still for the answer- this puts me on pause and allows me to get back into the present moment.

2. I meditate - when I do I let the thoughts float by and remain an observer, sometimes I say wow how interesting, other times I find myself saying OMG! 

3. I write them down in my journal.

4. I say to myself- what you think about you bring about - so what do you want to bring about?

And with all of this, the words I speak to myself are kind, compassionate and loving. This works for me.

What do you think will work for you?

Peace

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism