The Source Resides Within

 When you demand the love and approval of others, you make them into your Source, into your God — and where is the possible sense of happiness in that, dear one? Why would we ever have even placed Source so far outside your own heart, so far outside your own being? Elizabeth Gilbert


Today I bumped into someone I believed I would be friends with forever, in fact, more than friends. As I ran into that person, it dawned on me that we are not even on speaking terms. My belly flipped, I felt a rush of emotions come to me. Anger, Sadness, Disappointment, Resentment, Wonder.

How does one go from being so close to not even wanting to speak or acknowledge each other? Or maybe I can use a lesson I learnt in the Course of Miracles - I am willing to see this differently.

Perhaps the time has passed to be friends, the time while being friends was beautiful, I learnt a lot about myself. It's just a new time now.

Perhaps now its about setting boundaries, making room for new friends and new experiences.

Perhaps now it is about choosing the now rather than the past.

Perhaps its really about trusting the real source, rather than hoping someone provides me with a temporary feeling

I am willing to see things differently.

Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism