There are no Wrong Turns

Like sunflowers, no matter where they are planted turn towards the sun, I too began turning in the direction that nourished me.” ― Lalah Delia, Vibrate Higher Daily: Live Your Power




On a  Sunday I hike,  I do a fairly easy one, I have been doing this almost every Sunday during 2023. Apart from it being a form of exercise, it served me as a method of healing. The ability to be a part of nature, to just be, to see the magnificence of how things change at a river weekly puts my mind at ease. It reminds me that change is not as scary as it appears in my mind. 

The opportunity to be in a quiet space has been life saving. 

I  have come to know the trail like the back of my hand. That became comforting.

Yesterday, as I walked on the trail , I realized that I was in an unfamiliar place, how did I get here? I wondered. I started a mini panic. The monkeys seemed to be howling louder than usual, the grass seemed thicker, the path just different. I made a wrong turn on a familiar path.

Has that ever happened to you? Doing something you have always done and you end up in an unfamiliar place?

My belly did some flips, there was no one around, and to add to the adventure- there was no phone coverage in the bush.

I decided to stop. pause, get quiet. Have a self talk -  "Self you have done this almost every Sunday for an entire year, there is no way that you can be completely lost. Stay calm!"

Sometimes , in life, we make detours or are guided to take another path- because the path is new or unfamiliar we think we are lost.

We are not lost, we are just on an unfamiliar path, being on this path becomes an opportunity to trust ourselves, to listen to the divine guidance which many times is unfamiliar- hence the trusting of self. Remind yourself that feeling lost now doesn’t mean you will permanently be lost

I listened and was guided back on a path that took me back out where I was supposed to be.

Divine Guidance is the ultimate GPS

Peace and Blessings


Akosua's Books



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism