Things that were once uncomfortable are now desired

But I trust the discomfort will eventually turn into something else — that it is taking me somewhere important. I trust the gentle path. I trust each impossibly slow step. Discomfort can be a doorway. Lisa Olivera 





Having to face and sit through discomfort has never been fun for me. I don't know about you; for me, there is resistance. I love easy and sameness - its called when consistency is out of balance. 

What I have learnt is life's experiences include uncomfortable situations, anything that is new, different, important to you, out of the ordinary involves moving through, sitting in and passing through some level of discomfort.. Guaranteed to meet you on the other side is something new, something different, something magical.

Things that were once uncomfortable for me that I now do:

1. An early morning run - just the thought of running arrggg - Now I love it, I feel like I have accomplished something every time I wake up early and run, even if I run for ten minutes , I feel like I completed a marathon proud.

2. Going to the dentist - the thought of a someone else peering down with a weapon in my mouth was enough to keep me away - now I changed the way I look at it and sit through the discomfort. rather than staying away.

3. Sharing my writing and posts more often due to fear of being criticized or ridiculed. 

4. Speaking up on matters that impact me  - I read some where that being neutral will not save you. Before I would stay quiet to "keep the peace"

5. Minding my own business, rather than giving unsolicited advice- I  have just stopped doing that.

6. Confronting  the old opinions I held  that no longer serve me  due to feeling guilty about abandoning my upbringing and religion.

7. Eating more vegetables. Who knew there were ones that actually tasted like food?

8. Listening more without wanting to be right all the time.

Peace and Blessings



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism