There is no Self Worth without knowing Self

Self Value - how you see and hold yourself within yourself that determines what you do and how you do it - Iyanla Vanant 






One of the most important lessons I learned in 2023 has been how I see myself determines what I accept from others and what I am willing to accept. This revelation made so much sense that when I got it, I was literally clapping and on my feet shouting!  I get it, I get it. 

I viewed myself as less than in those relationships - no wonder it turned out the way it did. Basically, I believed that the relationships that I  entered was a step up for me, rather than looking at it from a place of equity. I thought wow, I am so lucky, I am able to be in this union. Everything went off balance  because of those beliefs. 

When we see ourselves as less than, we accept less, we want to fix and change what is in front of us, we want to justify nonsense and we do not ask for what we need and want because of the fear of being abandoned and left- Who Knew?

Once I realized that this belief is what contributed to my behavior, I had to practice a lot of self forgiveness - how can I be an advocate for self love and accept this? I felt disappointed and ashamed, I felt like I let myself down and so many others who were around me seeking counsel.

Trust me, I ain't doing that again. I have learned my lesson.

Self worth is an inside job, our worth is not hinged on any external criteria or validation. We have to know who we are, what are our standards and what we value in ourselves. We have to know when we are devaluing ourselves.

Holding the belief that someone is  more valuable  means you believe that you are less than them which usually leads to accepting less, compromising your values and accepting what you don't want.

You are valuable, just because you are here. You have something to do that is important.

Peace and Blessings 

Akosua's Books


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism