Journey to Detachment

I went  for my first run of the year  and fell over bust my knee over! I couldn't even believe that the first thing that pissed me off was - sheez I cannot run for the next few days, maybe weeks!
The pain was mashing me up, I had to walk about just over 1 KM back to where I parked and all the while I was thinking the same thing - I will not be able run for a while
Then I thought - wait- get a grip girlfriend.
This fall could have been worse
I survived it without any major injuries
My glasses are still on my face
The knee is bust open and paining but I know that there is some lesson in there, not sure what it is yet
I took the day and rested (not much else could be done if walking was a problem right?)
I have become so attached to running, almost daily, now I have to accept that running will not be a part of my daily routine until I am fully healed, it is really a lesson for me not only in acceptance but in letting go and detachment
When we are attached to something there is a possibility that it can be come addictive and we believe that we are unable to live without the thing, the person, the activity
That is a recipe for making an idol out of a thing and setting us up for unnecessary heartache.
And so, I am on my healing, detachment and acceptance journey
Wish me luck
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism