Looking Back to Move Forward

You will never know how much you are holding until you let it go. Maryam Hasnaa



Yesterday, as I was making preparations for Unveiling- Looking into the Mirror of Self on Saturday  ( I am so excited and happy for this weekend - I digress)
As I was going through the materials, in between them was a journal from 2013 called " The Accountability Process".  In the Journal was a through detail of the vision I had for myself and how I would hold myself accountable for it.

I laughed a hearty laugh when I saw it. I pulled it out and started reading it.

What was the vision I wanted for myself?
That year was a tough year, freshly out of job, house, marriage  and just floating around in Uganda laying low, I wrote out the vision I wanted for my life. To feel free, to serve the world in a meaningful way, to share my story, to be financially comfortable.
I read it back last night. I was living my vision, plus or minus a few small details (the financial part!! - confessions on the Journey)

 I immediately gave thanks! I had no idea how it would come to pass, and this further proves to me that I really don't need to know the how, my role is to be willing, be faithful, do the work that is required and  to have patience.

Making choices also form part of the process, and more importantly when the choice made does not work,  please feel free to make another choice
There were 2 items that startled me- I am still there, I haven't moved. Finances! I am still in the same spot. I stared at the paper.

I gave thanks again because it came as a timely reminder that there is still work to do, there is still faith to gain and there is still a gap in the belief that I am enough. It's closing, but the gap remains!
The Universe is always on time

Come see Akosua at Kaiso Blues Cafe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism