Everything is Fleeting

You want everything to remain the same. You don’t accept that everything is temporary. Life moves in cycles generating new life and yes, death, and nothing will stop that universal movement. Accepting that everything that exists is only temporary allows you to release your attachment to things, people and even to your definition of yourself. This is how you continue to learn and evolve. Ana Rodriguez

I have been practising healthy detachment - which in my definition is keeping in mind always that everything is temporary, feel the feelings, then let it go knowing that all things are lessons that God would have us learn.
It seems that when I decide on a way forward, the Universe says - ah let me see if you are serious.
For the week since practising this principle:
1. My favourite bracelet broke into fine pieces and scattered all over the floor.
2. Someone who is supposed to be a good friend has proven that their definition of friendship is different to mine
3. There has been talk that I may be involuntarily transitioning out of a long term contract arrangement that I have been in to earn income

All incidents reminding me that everything changes and the moment that I want to hold on to it is the start of suffering.

What are you holding on to that you need to let go of to move you forward?
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism