Transformation vs Loss

Personal transformation can and does have global effects. As we go, so goes the world, for the world is us. The revolution that will save the world is ultimately a personal one.” Marianne Williamson

What did I learn today? Ok, so simple thing, I lost my car keys on the streets of Kampala while I was iving there. I don’t know how and I have no explanation! Not a great feeling, so I kicked into finding a solution time. Called back to base, I was a bit out of it, they told me they will send someone to collect me, sit tight then we will discuss when I get back. Simple right? 
Well who knew there would be some lesson in this? When I arrived to base, I’m hot and sweaty and not best pleased feeling pretty careless for losing the key then she started talking and I thought hmm let me pay attention I know the tone of voice when there’s a story coming.
She said to me Madam, on your journey, you often experience the loss of things, especially things that are near and dear to you, You may sometimes feel the path of your past is littered with people, possessions and perceptions that were once a comfort to you but you could not hold onto
It often appears as though you need to lose things before you can see beyond them. Hear me, - before you can see beyond them. You mistake symbols for the real thing. A human relationship is a symbol of love, but love itself is greater than any relationship. A job is an avenue of income, but it is not the source of your sustenance.
You cling to your relationships as though as though they are the love of your life, you cling to your job as though they are your security, to your bodies as though you are merely flesh and bone, You place so much importance on your symbols in defining who you are that you cannot get beyond them to see the real you
On this journey, you must be able to see who you really are beyond the people,places and things that you are identified with. It’s all a matter of perspective, Your attention needs a kaleidoscope twist! You know what that is? Nothing has to be inserted or removed to get a new view. So twist the kaleidoscope so that you can see other possibilities
Transformation is the issue here not loss! You will appear to lose these very things if that is the only way you will allow yourself to get a new angle on life
I said to her are we still talking about me losing the keys here?
Madam, you have very many odd responses and remarks for someone who is supposed to be smart! Let’s go get the car before someone steals it!
Peace!

Have you read any of Akosua's work?
What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism