Acceptance leads to Transformation

Accepting something about ourselves does not mean that we don't intend to change it. In fact, it's when we fully accept something that we increase our capacity to transform it. Danielle La Porte


The definition I love most about acceptance is recognition of a thing as it stands. Recognition minus the judgement of self and others. Acceptance is tough. Well at least for me - confessions on the Journey
I want to fix, I want to change it immediately, and sometimes I even wish I had a time machine to go back in time and make this different.
Acceptance drops the need for all of that and just leads us to recognising the truth of the matter in that particular moment.
As soon as we accept, we can decide.
Acceptance takes courage, discipline and release of judgement and ego.

Taking steps towards acceptance means that we are willing to face a thing and face the feelings that are associated with it. 

It brings a level of freedom if we are willing to do the work.
Acceptance is the precursor to change.

What have you been unwilling to accept?
Peace
Come Join us in Guyana


Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Follow Akosua on

Facebook



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism