You Are Good! - Born that Way


Realize that the guilt that often leads to unhealthy patterns of rescuing, people pleasing and self sacrifice can be bloodline programming( old paradigm beliefs around what a “good” person is). Much of the guilt you feel may not be your own but in fact intergenerational. Maryam Hasnaa



What does a "good person" look like to you?
What makes a person "good"

My initial learning about good people was based on how I was brought up. I was taught that a good person goes to church regularly, they pay their taxes, obeys the laws and sacrifices for their family. I was also taught that good girls go to school, have one partner they marry and live happily ever after with and minds their own business. Good girls are ladies, not loud or scandalous, wears modest clothes and serves their man well in every way.
I somehow thought in my mind, that once I was a good girl that nothing bad would ever happen to me.

Now I am not judging what I was taught nor saying it was wrong. I believe my family did the best that they could and taught me these things out of love, to protect me and it was what they were also taught.

What I did learn from myself after being a "good" girl is that bad things happen to good girls
and that bad things are bad because we think they are bad, many of the things we call bad are what we cannot control and do not know. Leading us to where we need to be.
I have learnt to substitute the word bad for useful. All experiences whether wanting it or not, can be useful at some stage and are guides in our lives.
I have learnt that you can be a good person and never step one day in a church or practise the smae religion as I do.
I have learnt that good people can say no and have boundaries, that sleeping with more than one person does not make you bad, that some laws need to be changed and maybe just maybe one may have to break it to change it.
I have learnt that my goodness comes from Source, it can never leave me, my goodness never leaves me
I can forget that I am good and act on that forgetfulness, I can not believe I am good and act accordingly, I can be convinced that I am not but what will not change is my goodness. There is nothing that I have to DO to be good. I was born that way.
What a comforting thought so when I forget and act stoopid, I can recall this and adjust.

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Follow Akosua on

Facebook




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism