Body Foundation

Your body is the vehicle that houses your mind, heart and spirit.The vessel that carries you through life. The body will reflect what's going on in us and our environment will reflect what is going on in the body From the Ground Up

I love learning, I love the clarity that knowledge brings, I love it even more when I can implement the knowedge in my every day life and so I pay attention to keeping an open mind and learning from everything an everyone around me. There are times that the lessons are tough and there are times I resist the lessons due to fear, ego and judgement. These are the times when I know I must be paying more attention rather than running off.

I have been paying attention to the signs of my body and learning from it.  This has been my focus over the last few days. Lessons from and of the Body.

Our bodies are amazing, the most amazing piece of machinery I have encountered, it runs with all different parts even when we don't take of it, abuse and neglect it. Our minds have the power to woth with our bodies to accomplish seemingly insurmountable tasks.
Our bodies even has the power to heal itself.
After a period of neglect, the body starts giving us clues, hints, signals and signs to pay attention, be present!
The niggling aches and pains
The headaches
The nudges
It means attend to me please, don't neglect me please
pay attention to your environment, to the people around you, your job, how home. The body stories and remembers everything and when it is not expelled in a healthy way, it is stored up in your body.
And when we don't pay attention we pay the price
Our Physical foundation has to be strong and has to be maintained to make our lives here as optimum as it can be
It takes awareness, discipline and self love to walk this path
Eating well, exercising, paying attention to our bodies, feeling all our feelings and really trusting that even when things are not 100% our bodies are still here housing us, loving us and sheilding us. What better way to say thank you than by honouring it through taking care of ourselves?
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism