Is Self Doubt a Real Thing?

Self love is the foundation of everything. Without it we don't value ourselves and then we cannot truly value or love others. Self love generates self esteem, self care and self confidence all necessary to thrive in life. Alicia Rodriguez


Someone sent me a document with the caption - "this is perfect for you" It was a call for proposals on providing services for female empowement for the Government. I looked at it, I said thank you, it really did excite me reading the summary. I develed into the website for additional information and - confessions on the journey- I started to panic and doubt myself. It seemed like such a long story, so many requirements, so many things to put in place. I was ready to run as far away as possible.
I sent my friend a message that I would be bowing out.
After I press sent, I realised that the self-dount caught me. I was doubting whether I would make the grade and make the cut, doubting that I could excecute something that I have been familiar with for years.
The doubt fooled me!
How many times does doubt fool us?
How many times do we run away because we are unsure of our capabilities?
How many times we said no and justified it?
I decided right there that doubting myself is betraying myself and I am done with that
What ever happens I will learn something from the process and I will not let them doubts fool me!
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism