Who are you keeping in the front row?

Sometimes, people have to be removed from your life, so you can see your own: beauty, strength, purpose, and power—more clearer.Lalah Delia

I look around my life now and I see so many changes in the people that are now around me. Some by choice and some by force. In some instances I was holding on to people being in my life due to history, due to fear, due to ignorance, due to ego.
What I have learned is that as we change, as we evolve, as we rise, there will be others around us who will not move in the same direction nor the same pace. And that is A-OK. I now know that people are in our lives for a lifetime, a reason and a season. Once I can discern the difference, it makes the journey so much more pleasant. Gone is the need to hold on to relationships which have run its course, to force friendships, to feel ashamed if a relationship has ended, to pretend and to dishonour myself just in order to keep people around
Friendships and relationships are now based on honour of self, flow, knowing who I am and reciprocity. It takes a level of practice and discipline to get to this space - and maybe some tears.
But its all worth it!
Peace
Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism