Stop and Smell the Breeze

Nature doesn’t waste anything. When you’re in tune with nature you learn how to use ALL of your experience both good & bad to make yourself stronger. Ebonee Davis

Yesterday I had a meeting in a rural area in Trinidad and Tobago, my usual attitude is to rush, rush to the meeting, rush back, get to doing something. And so I started off with that usual habit, I rushed to the meeting, I let the Chair of the meeting know that I have exactly one hour and then I had to rush off. I started looking at the time when the hour was up.

I jumped into the car and started driving, looked out of the window and realised OMG, the ocean is on my right for the entire stretch of the drive. What am I rushing around for?
I stopped the car and walked down to the beach. On a Wednesday afternoon, the beach had quite a number of people, couples lying on the sand, families of tourists sunbathing, music blaring and men dancing.
People telling me hello, good afternoon.
Is this what I am missing when I am rushing around?
What am I rushing around doing?
Take time time sometimes to stop, to see what is around you rather than just rushing around.
The beach was fabulous, so glad that that I stopped and smelt the sea breeze.

Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism