Me and Self Value

Quite often out of fear of losing business or the desire to win more business, people will undercharge for their services. This is a classic situation where they end up doing much more than they’re paid to do. But, somehow, in a desire to prove themselves, these people still feel that they are not doing enough in relation to how much they are being paid. This can set a precedent which could be hard to remove. Morton Patterson


I had a penny dropping moment this week. It is now true for me that we teach what we need to learn.

Over the past few days, Unveiling -Looking into the Mirror of Self, the online course that I have the absolute pleasure and privilege to facilitate, focused on Self Value.

I have been having challenges with being paid on time and receiving monies for speaking and coaching engagements over the past few months. Confessions on the Journey -  I would either be scared to call a price because I thought I would lose the client or deal, or I would accept less or nothing in the name of exposure. The consequences of those choices were two fold, having little financial abundance and my resentment about the choices that I made.

This week upon reflecting I realized that it was me! I was the common denominator in this equation. I made the decisions, I made the choices to accept less than what I knew I was worth due to fear and people pleasing.  In that moment, I stopped and realized that I must value myself, and that starts with speaking up. I decided to speak up.

It was not easy saying what I had to say, I hesitated and even shed a tear, but when I was done, I felt an immense load lifted, and was proud of myself for starting on the Journey to Self-Value.

Self-Value is the value and worth placed on our own selves, how we see our own worth and it is not determined by anything other than God.

You know that you are worthy just by your presence and what matters to you is also worthy.
When we do not accept ourselves or our experience, if in other words, we continue to feel guilty, ashamed, afraid, judge ourselves in any way or exhibit any form of non-acceptance, we will continually attract other circumstances and people to make us re-live the same experience.

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism