The Present Moment

 Why do anxiety, stress, or negativity arise? Because you turned away from the present moment. And why did you do that? You thought something else was more important. You forgot your main purpose. One small error, one misperception, creates a world of suffering. Eckart Tolle

What is more important than the present moment?

What is more urgent that right now?

Confessions on the Journey: The past few weeks moving back out in the world after being at home for the past few months brought on my feelings of anxiety and overwhelm.

Having multiple tasks and demands after being silent for a while threw me for a loop. I confess that I just was not ready for it. I craved the quiet time, even after admitting that when the quiet time started, I was not sure how I would respond to being in one space physically and mentally.

This morning, a dear friend of mine was chatting to me about her own anxiety and the effects it has been having on her and her relationships. As we were having the conversation, it dawned on me that I had a choice on how I respond to the requests of being asked to do more and more tasks.

It was my choice to say yes to the opportunities that have been presented to me.

It was my choice to say yes to extra tasks and duties.

It was my choice to respond.

And because it was all my choice, I can make another choice.

Choice is my power.

I can take back my power, with new and different choices.

So, I have written down the tasks, I have prioritized them and most importantly I have taken a breath realizing that the present moment is all I have, anything outside of that takes me into a place which does not exist, adds unnecessary uncertainty and changes my focus. I have now become mindful of what I say yes to.

As they say, let tomorrow take care of itself, just be ready and willing when it comes.

Peace

Join us for the Unveiling - Looking into the Mirror of Self

A Four Week Online Journey curated by Akosua Dardaine Edwards

Get Information here

http://www.akosuadardaineedwards.com/unveiling




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism