Don't be floored and obsessed by other people's standards


You cannot get sick enough to help sick people get better. You cannot get poor enough to help poor people thrive. It is only in your thriving that you have anything to offer anyone. If you're wanting to be of an advantage to others, be as tapped in, turned in, turned on as you can possibly be."- Esther Abraham-Hicks, best-selling author and lecturer
Just when I thought I heard it all, I get a reminder that there’s always more! On the base headquarters where I am there is always action, people coming in and out, telling their stories, looking for assistance. For me, it’s always a lesson so I talk to everyone because I just find their stories so fascinating! I am talking to a lady she asks me if our country’s school system has A Levels. I said yes we do. Then she says, I need to check if my tribe mate made it. Naturally I said, ok you are going to check if she passed? She said no madam the school that she attends is in the Mukono area it’s a boarding school and surrounded by cannibals, some never make it! I was like wha??? Look doh make joke with me this early morning please! Blank stare! She says madam let me tell you, and goes into this story which the lessons kept coming!! 
Madam, there are certain tribes which are cannibals, it is just part of our culture and you take responsibility for yourself by not getting involved if that, it  that is not your thing, just like you have your own culture in your country. Madam don’t ever be floored and obsessed by what was fed to you about right and wrong by other people and their external standards. (hmmmmmmm!!)
She said, a tribe mate of mine found out about responsibility, she met a man in school and married him without learning about his tribe and background, they went to the village on Christmas day and in that tribe they kill the first born for the Christmas feast. She got there, they proceeded to kill the first born for the celebration, she deceived them by saying that  she was going to fetch water and escaped with the other children. Madam, the woman came back to the village and said nothing but cried for one week, we asked her for the first born, we asked her if she became a mute, she just cried and cried then eventually told us what happened!

Everyone said to her you must take responsibility for your actions. Me – Hmmmmmmmm ok then!
I asked her so what happened to her in the end, she said she is fine, she is much more responsible now and the second born is good and doing well.

And what about the A Level and who made it? Madam I will get those details later
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism