Feel it!


Respect and appreciate your feelings, but don’t allow them to completely dominate you. Let your feelings inform you, enhancing and expanding your experience of life, but don’t let them imprison you. Ralph Marston

One of the greatest lessons I have learnt over the past few months is called Feel. Deal. Heal
Why was it important? Well for me I skipped the first part of feel, I just went to deal! A situation would occur and immediately I would run towards “solving” it, resisting the feelings or should I say ignoring the feelings! But what happened is that the feelings that were unresolved and not dealt with remained and according to Iyanla “until you heal the wounds of your past, you will continue to bleed.You can bandage the healing with food, with alcohol, with drugs, with work, with cigarettes, with sex but eventually it will ooze through and stain your life.You must find the strength to open the wounds, stick your hands inside, pull out the core of your pain that is holding you in your past, the memories and make peace with them”

So with that said, I have been practising to feel the feelings and not let it overtake me! It really feels much better! I know now I have nothing to prove to anyone but just to be my authentic awesome self!

Yesterday, I had a situation where I needed to have a conversation. I have been avoiding it for a while because I didn’t want to raise any feelings for all involved! Then I thought hey, feel.deal.heal and I had the conversation, I said my piece, I felt the feelings and then moved on and I’m still alive! It really also didn’t matter what anyone said after that why? Because I have control over only I and I!!!!! Awesomeness all round!!

Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism