Letting go might just mean holding on!

"First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst."
"If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. The thing is to get the work done."
- Dale Carnegie, best-selling author of How to Win Friends & Influence People.

So here's the story, I have been thinking about the word and concept of rejection! It's pretty much something that happens every day of our lives, we are either rejecting something or someone or on the flip side of it and receiving it! And depending on the meaning you give to this, most times it sucks!
 
What I have learnt is that we get to give meaning to an experience.So what experience do I give to not getting what I want, be it a job, a relationship, an experience? Brutally honest, before I would throw a right strop! I would look at it as if something was wrong with me! Now I have learnt that I can make a new choice, that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt but it means that I get to choose what meaning I give it
 
The rejection bus stopped by me loads of time! And I thought it was parked in my garage full time! Now,  I got wise. I realized I had this power of meaning in my life and so I started to use it. And I stopped taking other people's decisions personally and my life began to change. I stopped living for THEM and started living for ME. It was awesome.I
 
 
So what did I learn today?
Not everyone is going to like you!  And not getting with someone, or not getting the job you want or whatever the rejection is really the Universe saying to me listen sis, there's something big,  something awesome coming, be patient!! It will hurt for a while but this too shall pass!!
Five years from now it really will not matter that much! Get the lesson and get outta the mess!
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism