Whose dreams are you living and why?

The secret is alignment: when you know for sure that you're on course and doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing, fulfilling your soul's intention, your heart's desire, or whatever you choose to call it (they're all the same thing). When your life is on course with its purpose, you are your most powerful. And you may stumble, but you will not fall.

I know for sure that in every challenging experience there's an opportunity to grow, enhance your life, or learn something invaluable about yourself. Every challenge can make you stronger if you allow it. Strength multiplied = power. For real.
Oprah Winfrey


It’s really just very simple, when you are doing what you love, what fills your heart with joy, it truly doesn’t feel like work. The trouble begins when you resist and fight it! And we resist it for many reasons. One is that we live other people’s dreams, be it our parents or our partners, parents, although well intentioned, have a dream for you and out of obligation you don’t want to disappoint them. What happens is that you hardly ever feel satisfied, you keep searching until maybe some resentment sets in.

Your partner encourages you to do something, yet again very well intentioned, and you do it out of obligation again and its the same result. Dissatisfaction and resentment.
Whose dreams are you living and why?
I was talking to a friend of mine who attended a workshop on the weekend and one of the things she said to me which was a penny dropping moment is “can you imagine how you would feel if you knew people were doing things for you only out of obligation? Do things out of kindness” wow!!
So what did I learn today?
I’ve learnt that being 100% approved is one of the most liberating feelings ever! I’ve learnt that people pleasing is self degrading, I’ve learnt that it’s ok to live your own dream and when you do the Universe works in your favour! I’ve learnt that it will be ok if you piss some people off in doing what makes your heart sing. Go for the joy!! It’s a motto of mine!!

I’ve learnt that when you  make  decisions out of love and not out of fear it works out because love always wins
I’ve learnt that I am always where I need to be and that’s alright

Where are you?

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism