I know what I need to know


Without me, the sun comes up in the morning and the stars twinkle at night. Before I’ve even gotten out of bed in the morning, the earth has spun 1/3 of the way round its axis and six billion people have done the best they know to do to increase their happiness and mitigate their suffering.
And since I’m not in charge, I get to relax and enjoy the ride. Rather than cower in recognition of my own weakness and even helplessness in the face of forces far greater than my own, I am set free.” Michael Neill coach

All I know is that I am scheduled to leave in December, I do not know when, what time, with what airline, none of those details. It is now December 12th and still no sign of the details. A number of people keep asking me, when are you coming home, when are you flying to Houston and all I can say is that I don’t know! And many of them either get annoyed or have a lot to say about why I am not pressing harder to be more in control of what is going on!

One of the best lessons that I have learnt this year is that having a certain comfort with uncertainty eliminates worry, stress and doubt! There is no need for me to stress over things that I have absolutely no control over, trust the process, expect the unexpected and handle it!

Many of the world’s most successful people have mastered the art of letting go, of knowing that uncertainty is part of the journey!

I must admit it is much calmer to not stress about things that usually work out anyways!!

So, when am I leaving? Sometime in December! And that’s all I need to know. Life is always in session and I am always ready!

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism