Reflection - The quiet proceeding the storm


Reflection. The quiet proceeding a storm. Thought. Solution. Hindsight. Natalie Stewart

It’s launched in Trinidad and Tobago, On March 12th 2014, the book “ What Did I learn Today, Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love” was launched in Port of Spain at the National Library of Trinidad and Tobago (NALIS).  

I woke up in the morning and I went for a run, I ended up on the top of Lady Chancellor Hill, one of the places with a most spectacular view of Port of Spain, I sat down after at the top and looked out at the city and thought to myself, wow, isn’t the Universe a miracle making awesome machine? Here it is, my journey, a simple story, one that is not dissimilar to many many other stories, is being told, by me, to heal me and just like that, may heal others. I sat there and just breathed in the thanks for a bit

The energy in the room was high, full of love and laughter, my family and friends whey sah!! Dem peeps come through for me in a way that I cannot even begin to describe in words how it touched me! My mama, My aother 2 mamas who took care of me growing up, my friends, they just took charge, I just had to show up as me!

The book review, done by the lovely Erica Ashton was super duper perfect, the launch by Mr L Anthony Watkins who is maybe or is one of the most inspirational speakers around the planet was thought provoking and true, the closing remarks by my big sis Germaine Charleau was  authentic, funny and just plain ole good! Truth be told I was feeling quite embarrassed at all the accolades! My old work mates came and supported, big love to them and to everyone who made the effort to come out and say hi and be there , I love you all!

So what’s next, I am off to Russia tomorrow, new journey so hey, stay tuned!!!

What did I learn today? I learnt to take the path, take the risk, show some love, open your heart and be grateful for it all!

Peace!!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism