Radio Interview today at 11am est

. Being prepared is an act of love. And intelligence. Danielle La Porte




International Women's Day was celebrated last Sunday. I am very privileged to be born in a country where strides women have made has been incredible, paving the path for me and many of us to do basically anything that we want to as women. I now don't take these luxuries or benefits lightly, travelling the world has opened my eyes to the incredible challenges and sacrifices women still face. I think about my people, my tribe of women in making decisions because for me I made a commitment to myself to not just honor those that came before me but also to leave this earth a better place than when I met it.

With this in mind I accepted an invitation to talk at an International Women's Day event. The women were all elders, imagine my surprise when I walked in and saw some elders that I knew from either TV or hearing about them from my grandmother. I sat with them for about an hour soaking up their stories all the while thinking " Okay that speech I wrote ain't gonna cut it!" And what I learnt right there is that being authentic is the beginning and the end. I told my story, I paid respect to the elders which, truth be told, is something that I have noticed is missing more and more in society. I had so much fun doing that gig! I am truly grateful that my journey took me to that spot.

When I was leaving they gave me a plant and the lady who gave me said "put this in the earth and plant some roots" with a huge smile!

Give thanks!

Peace!!!












This morning at 11am EST, I'm on the EveryWoman Programme on Ebony Radio 104.1FM. If you can, tune in, leave a comment, would love to hear from you



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism