Some Relationships Dissolve,Others Deepen

Your friends either go through this inner transformation with you or drift out of your life. Some relationships dissolve, others deepen. Eckart Tolle

I was having a conversation with a colleague yesterday about her weekend and a party she attended, which ended off with her saying that she had no friends to call anymore at short notice who will go partying with her.
Her statement got me to thinking.
Who would I call to go with me to a party at short notice or at all?
I came to realise that I have different people in my life for different times and reasons and when I attempt to force them into different boxes it causes me stress.
My party hearty friends - I love them to bits, I see them during Carnival time where we party like there is no tomorrow. When that time is over we go back to our lives and countries until Carnival rolls around again. Not to say that we don't keep in touch during the year but we know Carnival is our time.
My running buddies, I see them for the weekly Tuesday run, we hang out after if we feel to. Until next time, until next Tuesday. I may see them during the week coincidentally or otherwise, the love is there.
Then there are the ones have fallen off, one day I realised, but wait? I haven't seen or spoken to them in months - the love is there but the direction of our lives have gone in totally different ways. We touch base ever so often and its all good.
Then there are the ones who are always there, even if not everyday in person but there remain constant through growth and drought, thick and thin. They are like family we chose.
Then there are the new ones who come in and its like you have known them forever!
I guess its like Iyanla says, some people are in our lives for a season, a reason or a lifetime. We make it harder when we want to hold on to the seasonal ones, the ones for the lesson and blessing, When the reason and season is fulfilled there is nothing we can do to hold on.
Bless them and Bounce!
Give thanks for them all
Peace
Look out for me at the CRCA Conference in St Lucia
https://www.crcaconference.com/


Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Follow Akosua on



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism