You Make Your Own Luck

What you call “luck” is only possible if you’ve prepared for it—if you’ve put yourself in luck’s way. Yes, you have to get up and leave where you are now, a place of waiting and hoping, to meet it. Try to move a little closer today. Keep moving. Maggie Smith

When someone says "You have to make your own luck" I really take it seriously. Luck has to involve preparation, it has to involve being ready, it has to involve showing up. Luck just does not happen by chance. It is a meshing of factors that allows us to take full advantage of the situations and opportunities that are placed in front of us.

A big part of luck is our mindset of taking risks and believing in ourselves and what we want to do and achieve. If this is missing, opportunities will come and we may be either fearful of them or wait for that proverbial "sign"

So when someone tells me that I got lucky or I am lucky. I now say yes with a smile because I have been preparing, I have been putting in the work to shift from fear to love, I have been focusing on self love and self belief.
The luck shows up as soon as I show up!

Peace
Look out for me at the CRCA Conference in St Lucia
https://www.crcaconference.com/


Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Follow Akosua on



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism