What Mask (s) Do I Wear?

What Mask(s) Do I wear? 
At home. . .  
At work. . .
In family relationships. . .
In intimate relationships. . .
In the world. . .
Iyanla Vanzant 

I was listening to one of my favourite truth tellers Iyanla Vanzant, she was talking about masks. What masks do we wear and why. 
I thought it was in interesting question.
Wearing a mask says that I don't want my real face to be seen. My true self to be seen, I want to show the world something else.
The question is why
Why would I not want to show people who I am
to protect myself?
If I want to protect myself it must feel that I am not protected.
Why else do I feel to wear a mask, to put up a wall
a wall that will not penetrate to hurt me
Avoidance!
There is in our minds benefits of wearing a mask. 
We feel it helps us.
Having listened to Iyanla, self reflection says to me that looking at the masks I wear and why is important in the life that I am living.
What am I scared of?
What am I hiding?
What are the benefits?
All valid questions
Share your lessons if you will
Peace 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism